- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 uncooked pie shell (frozen works fine)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (like Hellman's)
- 1 Tbl. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. dried dill (or more, if using fresh dill)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese (I use whatever I have; my favorite is to use half swiss and half cheddar or pepper jack)
- 1 cup sauteed chopped meat & vegetables of choice (I always start with onion, then maybe some ham, mushrooms, & tomatoes...It's totally up to your individual taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Saute meat/vegetables in scant amount of oil and allow to cool while assembling other components. In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk. Add mayonnaise, milk, flour, and dill, whisking after each addition. Add in shredded cheese and cooled sauteed mixture, stirring to evenly distribute. Pour filling into the unbaked pie shell. Bake for 30-40 minutes, till lightly browned and filling does not wiggle when dish is moved. Remove to a cooling rack and wait 5 minutes before cutting to serve. Makes 6 generous slices.
NotesThe name for this easy and versatile recipe came about because the biggest fan of this quiche is a police officer I work with, who initially refused to try it, due to quiche's reputation as a girlie dish. Once he gave in to temptation, he changed his mind, and even asked me to give him the recipe for his wife!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More