- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons dry powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mace (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add in flour, powdered milk and corn syrup, beating well after each addition.
- Add lemon juice, salt, vanilla extract, nutmeg, baking powder and mace, blending everything together well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cake is done when a wooden pick comes out clean. If in doubt, under-bake just slightly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
MidLife Road Trip's
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More