"Sfouf" My Favorite Childhood Cake ! As moist as a cake should be!
- 1 cup of fine semolina
- 3 cups of sugar (ooops)
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup mazola (ooops again)
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric (for the rich yellow/orange color & distinct flavor)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon anise powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla powder
You can garnish this with almonds, pine nuts, or candied pecans as I have chosen...
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
- mix well all of the ingredients
- spray with pam at the bottom of a 9" by 13" glass baking dish (or any other baking dish
of your choice)
- bake 40-50 minutes or until top is golden and when toothpick is inserted in the center it
comes out clean...
Say VOILA & enjoy!
Pairs Well With
Growing up in Lebanon, I loved watching my mother cook in the kitchen. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen with her... One of our favorite things to make together was this "sfouf" Lebanese cake, very moist & with an interesting yet delightful flavor...:-)