- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- - 1 cup of fine semolina
- - 3 cups of sugar (ooops)
- - 2 cups of whole milk
- - 1 cup mazola (ooops again)
- - 3 cups of all purpose flour
- - 1 tablespoon of turmeric (for the rich yellow/orange color & distinct flavor)
- - 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- - 1 teaspoon anise powder
- - 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- You can garnish this with almonds, pine nuts, or candied pecans as I have chosen...
- - Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
- - mix well all of the ingredients
- - spray with pam at the bottom of a 9" by 13" glass baking dish
- - bake 40-50 minutes or until top is golden
- Say VOILA & enjoy!
NotesGrowing up in Lebanon, I loved watching my mother cook in the kitchen. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen with her... One of our favorite things to make together was this "sfouf" Lebanese cake, very moist & with an interesting yet delightful flavor...:-)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More