- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Ingredients: serves 2
- 1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of seltzer water, tonic water, or club soda
- 4 bananas cut in half on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ cup of grand marnier
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- mint sprig (for garnish)
- Place vegetable oil in a frying pan on low heat to keep oil at ready temperature. In mixing bowl place flour, baking powder, cornstarch, 1 tablespoon. Mix the ingredients until blended well.
- Turn heat up to medium, gas oven, or med high, electric oven. Place batter soaked bananas in oil, rotate every minute or two until golden brown. (Bananas won't be crispy just yet.) When ready, place fried bananas on a plate with a paper towel to soak up excess oil place four fried bananas on flame resistant plate.
- Place 1/4 cup of grand marnier on each plate. Light each plate on fire, individually. Constantly rotate bananas until flame subsides. Dust bananas with rest of sugar and lightly dust sesame seeds over finished product. Place mint sprig in middle of plate for garnish. Enjoy!