- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper* seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces process American cheese, cubed
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in beef and 2 cups
- of milk; heat through. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add cayenne if desired. Top with bacon just before serving.
- Editor's Note: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.
- Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
NotesThis has been a favorite of ours since I found it in TOH!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More