- Cooking Time: 25-35 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Chocolate Box Cake Mix (your favorite brand!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- (these can vary depending on the cake mix you choose)
- Peanut Butter Frosting (I used Ina Gartens recipe)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Bag of Pretzel Sticks
- Salted Peanuts
- "Ice cream" Caramel
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Follow box cake mix directions.
- Pour batter into 2 greased/floured 9" baking rounds. Bake at 350 for 25-35 mins (oven times vary).
- Let cakes cool. Meanwhile make the frosting.
- Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work.
- Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
- Remove cakes from pan.
- On top of first cake cover with 1/4 of the caramel. Then cover with peanuts, making an even layer.
- Place your second cake on top of first, and now you're ready to ice!
- Frost the cake. Place pretzel sticks all along the sides making a border.
- Crush remaining peanuts and a handful of pretzel sticks and garnish top. Streak with caramel and top off with chocolate sprinkles!
NotesI made this cake for my best friend, Cheri's, 22nd Birthday. Her favorite candy bar is "Take 5". For this recipe I used a boxed cake mix. I did my best to recreate the candy bar into a cake, we were all happy with the results.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More