"THESE COOKIES ARE VERY CAKEY IN TEXTURE. ALMOST LIKE LITTLE BANANA BREAD BITES."
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup reese's pieces candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, banana, oatmeal. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, mix well.
- Stir in reese's pieces candy with a spatula.
- Drop by the tablespoon on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-14 minutes or until edges turn lightly brown. (Keep an eye on it -- all ovens vary)
- Cool on wire rack. Store in a closed container.
Notes"These cookies are very cakey in texture. Almost like little banana bread bites."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More