'I Had A Rough Day' Macaroni And Cheese
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: about 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb. macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. and 1 1/2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat; stir in enough flour to make a roux.
- Add milk to the roux slowly, stirring constantly; stir in the cheeses, and cook over low heat until the cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Put the macaroni in a large casserole dish, and pour the sauce over the macaroni; stir well.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat; add the breadcrumbs and brown; spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover.
- Sprinkle with paprika; bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.