2 Meal Savory Pot Roast
- 1 Roast (of your choice) Rump Roast is excellent.
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup - undiluted
- 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup - undiluted
- 2 Envelopes of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 soup cans of *wine/cooking wine
- *I use Burgundy or Cabernet wine, any hearty red will do. I try to use the same wine that will be served with the meal. You can also use cooking wine.
- Place roast in crockpot on low.
- Add vegetables of your choice, I use quartered new potatoes, baby carrots, and mushrooms.
- Be sure not to overfill your crockpot because you will be adding the liquid to this.
- Mix all soups and wine (garlic?) in a large mixing bowl and pour over roast and vegetables.
- DO NOT ADD WATER.
- Cook 8 hours on low.
- I usually serve this with garlic mashed potatoes and oven roasted asparagus.
- Since this makes a large amount of gravy, it is also great with biscuits or other rolls.
- Cube the leftover roast and return entire container with gravy and vegetables to the refrigerator for tomorrow.
I originally got this recipe from a coworker many years ago. I tweaked the ingredients, doubled the gravy, and it's been a favorite in my household ever since! This recipe is cooked for 2 meals. The first day, it is served as pot roast. The next, as beef stew. NOTE: Garlic lovers may want to add a tablespoon of minced garlic for extra kick.