A Crowd pleasing Rhubarb Coffee Cake
- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: ?
- 6 cups rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 6 eggs
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4+1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix rhurbarb with 3/4 cup sugar.
- In a marge stainless steel bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- In mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add creamed mixture to flour mixture and beat on low until well mixed.
- Add milk slowely and beat well. Fold in rhubarb.
- Spray a 19 1/2 x 12 x 3 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter gently into the baking pan.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar, and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Makes 12 servings.