- Cooking Time: 40 to 45
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 35
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large (2 1/2 cups) tart cooking apples, cubed 1/2-inch
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, baking soda and curry powder in large bowl.
- Add melted butter, water, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Stir in apples and walnuts by hand.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, drizzle caramel sauce over slices of cake.
- Dollop with whipped cream, if desired.