All American Ribs
- 2 lbs of pork spareribs
- 2 leeks(slash the green tip into brush style to use for basting)
- Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 crumbled bay leaf
- Basting Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet and mild soy sauce
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce(optional)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- Mix the dry rub ingredients together.
- Rub the ribs well with the Dry Rub Ingredients. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes(prepare the grill).
- Place all the Basting Sauce ingredients(except for honey) in a bowl and mix well.
- Cook the ribs on upper part of the grill in low heat, basting the ribs often with the basting sauce by using the leek brush.
- Keep covered in between basting to ensure the smoke scents the meat.
- The longer the ribs cook, the tenderer they will be.
- This usually takes about 1-2 hours.
- Add the honey in the remaining basting sauce just before the ribs are done and brush the ribs with the leek brush.
- Serve the ribs immediately.
- The remaining of the Basting Sauce can be heated in the microwave to use as dipping sauce for the ribs.
July 4th isn't as much fun without BBQ, or at least that's the tradition at my house. This is another one of my brother Lee's recipes. He calls it the "All American Ribs", even though he does sneak some soy sauce in the basting sauce. Just make sure you have plenty of wet-naps around when you eat the ribs, you are going to need it! This recipe is finger-licking good!