Allergist Mom’s Gluten Free Vegan Carrot Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 ½ cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup rice milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 / 350°F.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 liners or oil the muffin pan if you prefer to make muffins without liners.
- In bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients including the gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- In the bowl of the Kitchen Aid stand mixer, combine grated carrots, canola oil, rice drink, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of the standing mixer and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Fill the muffin pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 24 minutes. Bake until toothpick inserted into center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- If you do not eat all 12 muffins at once, store in a sealed container to enjoy the next day.
- **May consider re-warming slightly before eating.
I got this recipe from Sarah M. Boudreau-Romano MD, a.k.a The Allergist Mom. This was Recipe #7 in the "Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event. These gluten free, nut free, soy free, vegan carrot chocolate chip muffins are a glowing example of her cooking! Moist and flavourful, these yummy muffins are an allergy friendly treat LIFESAVER for people like my niece Alexandra and Sarah's children. I made them and scoffed the whole batch with some friends last night after dinner! Thanks Sarah! Goodness and Sweetness in one bite! YUMMO! Please support Sarah M. Boudreau-Romano MD at The Allergist Mom.