Allison's Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 6 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter with both sugars
- Add oil, vanilla and egg
- Fold in oats, nuts, cornflakes and coconut
- Add baking soda, salt, and flour and mix well
- Form into balls the size of walnuts and place on ungreased cookie sheets
- Flatten with a fork dipped in a bit of flour
- Bake 12 minutes at 325 degrees and cool on wire racks.
- While cooling, melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Once cookies cool, drizzle with chocolate.
Another recipe from back in high school, this one a favorite from a good friend. After she made them for one of my annual "Lonely Hearts Club" Valentine's Day parties, I started making these at Christmas time, too. They are always a big hit with the family, and now my little nephews love them, too. They are not exactly healthy, but the best cookies never are!