Almond Joy Brownies
- 16 servings
- 4 ounces almond joy candy bars (4 whole regular sized candy bars or 8 miniature candy bars)
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening (I prefer butter, but original recipe called for shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9-inch square pan.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt candy bars and shortening, stirring occasionally until chocolate and shortening are melted.
- Add sugar and vanilla; blend well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour, salt and chopped almonds; mix well.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.