Almond Macaroon Cookies
- Cooking Time: 13-15
- Servings: 24
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 - 3oz cream and cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 - 10oz. bag Baker's angelflake coconut
- 1 cup slivered blanched almonds, lightly roasted
- 1/2 chocolate chips
- 16 whole almonds
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with Reynolds Parchment Paper; set aside.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt on a sheet of parchment paper; set aside.
- BEAT sugar, butter and cream cheese in a large bowl, with an electric mixer, 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, milk and extracts. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until well blended. Reserve 1 1/4 cups coconut; place on a sheet of parchment paper. Stir remaining coconut into dough until well blended.
- SHAPE rounded tablespoons of dough into balls. Roll balls in reserved coconut. Place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- BAKE 13 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven. Immediately press an almond into the center of each cookie. Slide parchment paper with cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- COMBINE chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate chips are soft and shiny. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set. Store in refrigerator.
- REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP: To make drizzling the cookies easier, pour melted chocolate chips into a small plastic food storage bag. Squeeze the bag to remove any air pockets. Seal bag. Snip bottom corner of the bag with scissors. Gently squeeze the melted chocolate through the snipped opening.