Almond-crusted Chicken With Brown Rice
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a zip-top plastic bag. Working with one piece at a time, add chicken to bag; seal and shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour. Repeat with remaining flour and chicken. Combine buttermilk and honey mustard in a shallow bowl. Combine almonds and breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture; dredge in almond mixture.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat. Add chicken; cook 1 minute. Turn chicken over. Wrap handle of pan with foil. Place pan in oven; bake at 450° for 9 minutes or until chicken is done. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to rice; serve with chicken.