- Cooking Time: 2.5 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 8 hours
- Almond milk
- 6 servings
- 2.1/2 cups whole peeled almonds
- 18 cupsroom temperature bottled water, you will need to 6 cups per soaking (2 times) 6 cups for blending.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Optional grounded cinnamon or vanilla seeds to taste
- Place almonds together in a large bowl that can accommodate both the almonds and the water so the almonds are covered by the water. Cover with plastic and allow them to soak 4 hours. Then change water and do the same procedure soaking for another 4 hours.
- Drain and rinse almonds with fresh water using a colander.
- Using a blender or food processor, mix the almonds with 6 cups bottled water, and add honey. Mix together using a blender or food processor (taste if you want it sweeter, add some more honey). Place the mixture back into the bowl and cover with plastic allowing it to rest for 2 hours. If you want, now is the time to add a little vanilla seeds or grounded cinnamon to taste.
- Strain the almond milk through a cheesecloth or a strainer, serve well chilled.
- Store the almond milk covered in the refrigerator. It has a possible shelf life 3-4 days when properly stored.