Aloha Sausage Egg Casserole
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (mild or hot), cooked, crumbled, and drained
- 6 King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, sliced in half thru center then cubed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 11x8 baking dish. Arrange bread over bottom of dish. Whisk eggs and milk in mixing bowl until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half of egg mixture over bread. Sprinkle with half of sausage and half of cheese. Add remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sausage and cheese.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set and top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings. Recipe can be doubled.
My mom found this recipe in the Sunday Newspaper and told me I needed to make it and send her and dad a piece and that's just what I did! They loved it and so did my little family! Mom is going to make this for her and dad since they liked it so much! I have a recipe similar to this that I've made many times but this recipe with the Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and heavy whipping cream really sets it apart from my other recipe which uses regular bread and milk! There was a slight sweetness to this dish and the sweet rolls are more firm than regular bread after it is finished baking! I can see that this recipe is going to replace my other recipe for breakfast casserole! Yummy! So good! It makes you want to sing, "Good Morning Sunshine"