Amazing Ate-Layer Open-Faced Taco
- 1 large corn tortilla (such as Mission Super Size)
- 1 cup butternut squash cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like Boca Ground Burger or Morningsta r Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles)
- 2 tbsp. canned black beans
- 2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. salsa
- 2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 1 tbsp. jalapeno slices (for a spicy taco) or mild banana pepper slices
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning mix
- dash salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place corn tortilla on a baking pan sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Lightly mist the top of the tortilla with nonstick spray, and then cook in the oven for approximately 8 minutes (until crispy).
- Place squash cubes in a microwave-safe dish with 1 tbsp. of water. Cover and microwave for 6 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, drain excess water, and then add salt & all spices except for the taco seasoning. Mash well and set aside.
- Place frozen crumbles in a microwave-safe dish and h eat for 25 seconds. Stir in taco seasoning, and heat for an additional 25 seconds.
- Set crispy tortilla on a plate, and layer ingredients on top in this order: mashed squash, lettuce, black beans, soy crumbles, and then cheese. Heat entire dish in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Top with salsa, sour cream and pepper slices. Now stuff your face!
- MAKES 1 SERVING
- HG Heads Up! Sodium-counters can save around 350mg of sodium in this recipe by simply skipping the dash of salt and using diced fresh tomatoes & onions in place of salsa