Amazing Cream Biscuits
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8 large biscuits
- Note: Bake the biscuits immediately after cutting them as letting them stand for any length of time can decrease the leavening power and prevent the biscuits from rising properly in the oven.
- 2 cups (10 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Adjust the oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups cream and stir with wooden spoon until dough forms, about 30 seconds. Transfer dough from bowl to countertop, leaving all the dry, floury bits behind in the bowl. 1 tablespoon at a time, add up to 1/4 cup cream to dry bits in bowl, mixing with wooden spoon after each addition, until moistened. Add these moistened bits to rest of dough and knead by hand just until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Cut biscuits into rounds or wedges. Place rounds or wedges on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.