Amazing Italian Nachos - Johnny Carinos Copycat
- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Package wontons (found in the produce section), cut on the diagonal to form triangles
- 1 package ground pork, cook in a saute pan until browned
- 1 6-ounce package grilled chicken pieces (sometimes found in the salad section)
- 1 jar Pepperochini peppers (I got mild)
- Shaved Parmesan for garnish
- For the Cheese Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, or other good-quality Parmesan
- In a heavy, medium saucepan melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the garlic and then the flour and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and whisk in the half-and-half little by little.
- Cook until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; add 2 cups of the grated Parmesan.
- Season with the salt, pepper and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. C
- over and set aside.
- Heat a heavy saucepan or deep fryer to medium. Cook the wontons until light brown.
- This only takes a few seconds per side.
- Set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Pile the wontons on a large serving platter. Drizzle with warm cheese sauce.
- Add sausage, chicken and peppers.
- Top with shaved Parmesan. EAT IT!