Amish-Style Deviled Eggs
- Servings: 12
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. yellow prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
- Pinch of paprika (for garnish, optional)
- Hard-boil, cool, and peel eggs; cut in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks into a separate small bowl.
- Mash yolks with fork; add mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, garlic powder, and marjoram; blend well.
- Carefully scoop or pipe yolk mixture into egg halves. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
These deviled eggs are inspired by an Amish recipe. I decided to to experiment and I took a few of the spices from the Amish oven-fried chicken recipe and adapted them to deviled eggs. They really did turn out good! This can probably very easily be adapted to an egg salad recipe, also.