Andes Peppermint Crunch Chunkies
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 30 to 60
- 2 sticks (1/2 Lb.) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened grated coconut
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups Andes® Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- On low speed, add baking soda, salt and then flour. Mix completely.
- Stir in oats, coconut, pecans, and Andes® Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.
- Measure out 2 Tbs. for large or 1 Tbs. for small cookies. Place round balls on lightly greased cookie sheets two inches apart. Press lightly.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes for large cookies or 12-15 mins. for small cookies Do not over bake.
- They get crunchy on the outside but remain soft inside. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.