Apple Butter Cake
- Cooking Time: 35-40
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups apple butter
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and ground cloves.
- Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Combine buttermilk and apple butter.
- Add alternately with the flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into greased 9-inch round pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool thoroughly on cake rack.
- Frost with vanilla frosting.