Apple-Buttermilk Bundt Muffins
- Cooking Time: 30
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 large white eggs
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened unseasoned apple butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk together the whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- in a seperate bowl, combine the egg whites, buttermilk, apple butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Beat that together untiI its smooth.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture. Stir just untiI moistened. Then distribute the batter evenly among the cups in a nonstick pan. You can use either a bundt pan or a non stick muffin tin.
- Bake them for 20 to 30 minutes, or untiI a toothpick is clean (when inserted, into the center). Cool for about 10 minutes.
- To store them, seal them inside a plastic bag and refrigerate or freeze.