Apple Pear Cream Cheese Squares
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 bartlett pears, cored and diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Maple Cream Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- Make Maple Cream Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a heavy sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and reduced by about 1/3. (about 15 minutes). Chill.
- For Cheesecake squares: In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- To make Streusel Topping, cut together the flour, brown sugar and butter, stir in oats until all crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apples. Bake 30 minutes at 350F or until filling is set.
- Drizzle with Maple Cream Sauce.