Apple Stuffed French Toast
- Servings: 6
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 oz. apple juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 21 oz. can apple pie filling
- Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread, warmed slightly in microwave
- Powdered sugar
- Combine bread mix, apple juice, cinnamon and pecans; spread in greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes - 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes; cut into 12 slices.
- Let bread dry, uncovered, at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla extract in shallow bowl.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Place about 1/4 cup apple pie filling on 6 bread slices; sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Dip the sandwich into egg mixture, turn over and dip other side.
- Fry 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Top with warmed rhubarb strawberry spread and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.