Aromatic Noodles With Lime Peanut Sauce
- 3/4 pound spinach linguine or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups (about 9 ounces) broccoli florets
- 2 cups (about 6 ounces) snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cups (about 6 ounces) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 scallion, cut into pieces
- 3/4 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shelled unsalted peanuts
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of water according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. While the pasta is cooking put the broccoli in a steamer basket over a large pot of boiling water and steam it for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas and sugar snap peas and steam for 2 minutes more.
- Toast the peanuts in a dry pan over a medium heat until they become fragrant, about 3 minutes. Set them aside to cool. Make the sauce by pureeing the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice, scallion, ginger, sugar and red pepper flakes in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Right before serving, toss the pasta with 3/4 cup of the peanut sauce. Divide into 6 serving bowls and top each serving with the vegetables. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the vegetables. Coarsely chop the peanuts, sprinkle them on top and serve.
- Nutritional Analysis Per Serving Calories 451
- Total Fat 19 grams Saturated Fat 3 grams
- Protein 20 grams Carbohydrates 57 grams
- Fiber 8 grams