Arroz Con Leche - Cuban Rice Pudding
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1 Small Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon Powder, for garnish
- (This is enough for 8 servings)
- In a Medium pot, Add the water, cinnamon stick and the rice until rice is soft, about 10 minutes or so. (When it starts boiling turn it down to medium heat.)
- Add the milk, salt, vanilla and sugar. Bring to just under a boil and turn down heat, uncovered, until it gets thick and rice has absorbed most of the milk. Cook at medium-low heat, uncovered, until it
- gets thick and rice has absorbed most of the milk. (The recipe tells you to stir once in a while, but I do it about every 15 minutes.) Simmer it for about an hour.
- Fish out the cinnamon stick and pour into a bowl or several individual bowls
- and sprinkle with powdered cinnamon.