Arroz con Pollo
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 packages · chicken thighs skinned (4 pieces)
- 1 packages · chicken legs skinned (5 pieces)
- 1 tsp · salt
- 1 tsp · black pepper
- ½ cup · green onion (fine chop)
- 1 red bell pepper fine chop (or green if u prefer)
- 1 can · chicken stock (14.5 oz)
- ½ tsp · cayane pepper
- ¼ tsp · tumeric
- 1 cup · uncooked uncle bens converted rice (or other brand if you prefer)
- ½ cup · green olives (pitted and halved)
- 1 tsp · minced garlic
- 2 tbsp · olive oil
- 1. skin ckicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel..lightly salt and pepper pieces and set aside
- 2. finely chop onion and pepper
- 3. heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil ..when hot add garlic..let brown for 1 minute add chicken pieces and brown on all sides
- 4. while chicken is browning in a separate frying pan saute peppers and onions over med heat (give them a sweat)
- 5. once chicken is browned on all sides move (stack) on one side of the skillet..
- 6. add peppers and onions and mix in rice, tumeric, cayenne pepper and mix well
- 7. and full can of chicken stock..stir..spread chicken out on top of rice and bring to a boil.. reduce heat to low and cover .. cook for 10 minutes stir occasionally
- 8. turn chicken pieces and cover and let cook for another 10 minutes
- 9. add olives.. reduce heat to simmer or warm and let sit covered for 5 minutes ..
- 10. chicken should be fork tender and rice should be nice and moist.. dish out and enjoy!
One of my favorite dishes of all time. I lived in Miami for many years and Authentic Cuban Arroz con Pollo is without comparison in my opinion. This is how I prepare it in my house and it is simply wonderful! You can take the chicken off the bone as well and mix with the rice, but I have always enjoyed eating it right off the bone.