Asian Avocado Cups
- Cooking Time: 6 - 8 minutes
- 5 - 6 Avocados, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped bean sprouts
- 1 - 8 oz can water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons, packed, chopped cilantro (also known as Japanese Parsley) plus more for garnish
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lite soy sauce
- 48 won ton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cooking Spray
- Your favorite wasabi dipping sauce
- In a small food processor, pulse together the bean sprouts, chestnuts, cilantro, green onions and garlic clove. You want it to be fine, but not mush.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bean sprout mixture, avocado, ginger, salt, pepper and soy sauce. I used my hands (kinda like how you do with hamburger meat) so that I didn't get a puree. A bit of texture with a few avocado chunks is always nice, right?
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile....lets work on those "cups". Preheat the oven to 375' F. Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the olive oil and sesame oil. Brush each won ton wraps with the olive oil mix and fit them into the prepared mini muffin tins
- Bake in your 375' preheated oven for 6 - 8 minutes, or until partially golden brown, without the edges getting burnt
- Fill each cup with the avocado mixture. Drizzle your favorite wasabi sauce over the mixture and then sprinkle some cilantro on top.