Asian Fried Green Tomatoes
- Cooking Time: 11
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 3 Medium Green Tomatoes cut into ¼ inch slices
- ½ Cup of Cornmeal
- ½ Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Pepper
- 3 Teaspoons of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Teaspoons of Ponzu Sauce
- 1 Branch of Green Onions sliced thin
- Ginger Teriyaki Spices
- Preheat a large frying pan to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slowly add in half of the vegetable oil and half of the ponzu sauce.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and ginger teriyaki spices. Dip in one slice of the green tomato at a time, making sure both sides are fully covered in the mixture.
- Gently place as many slices as can fit onto your frying pan at once. If there are some remaining, place them on a paper towel or plate and/or both.
- Once the tomatoes are on the frying pan, add the green onions and salt and pepper on each side.
- Fry on each side for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown, adding in the remainder of the oil and ponzu sauce in between flipping over to the opposite side. Garnish with parsley and a little bit of ginger dressing if available.
- Serve warm.
- These go great with any traditional southern or Asian dish or great just to serve as a snack or appetizer.