Asian Salmon Cakes with Soy Mayo
- Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. reserved Asian Salmon
- Reserved soy marinade
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbls. mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c. grated carrot
- 1/4 c. finely diced green pepper
- 3 or 4 crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- olive oil
- You will need to prepare Eli's Asian Salmon- 2 ways" for this dish.
- Flake cooked salmon with a fork and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- In a skillet, heat a Tbls. of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms, peppers and carrot and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add to salmon in mixing bowl.
- Add egg, 2 Tbls. of reserved marinade, panko, and 1/4 c. mayo and toss to combine.
- Form into four equally sized patties and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk remaining mayo with another Tbls. of soy marinade and reserve for serving.
- Heat 2-3 Tbls. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once oil shimmers, reduce heat to medium and add salmon cakes.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes per side, until browned and warmed through.
- Serve with greens and Soy Mayo.