Asparagus with Orange Mayonnaise
- Servings: 4-6
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 2 table spoons of plain fat free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- a dash of ground red pepper
- (I used orange flavored yogurt and omitted the orange peel)
- Snap off woody bases from asparagus. In a medium, covered saucepan cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 4-6 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the yogurt, mayo, orange peel and ground red pepper. Spoon over hot asparagus.