Aunt Nicki's Cheesy Garlicy Crispy Potatoes
- Cooking Time: 40
- 3 - 4 potatoes, scrubbed, and thinly sliced (the thinner the better) with skins on
- 2 - garlic cloves, minced (more or less to your taste)
- 6 -7 tablespoons butter, melted
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste (recommended to go on the heavy side)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix all ingredients except for the cheese.
- Lay the potatoes in a lightly greased cookie sheet. The thinner the layer is, the better. It doesnt need to be a single layer, but you don't want it to be a casserole either. Maybe 1/4" layer approx.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are thoroughly cooked and some of the edges are crispy.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the cheese over the top. The heat from the potatoes will melt the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
With a name like that, how can you go wrong? Three of my favorite ingredients all in one recipe...cheese, garlic and crispy potatoes! This has become a family favorite, and I'm not just talking about my immediate family but includes mom, dad and all use siblings and our individual families.