Awesomely Delicious (and Easy) Breakfast Nachos
- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 10
- For one serving:
- Two handfuls of tortilla chips or however many you want
- Grated Cheddar cheese, about 1/4 cup or more if you're like me and love cheese
- Chopped green onions or diced white onions
- 2 Eggs, scrambled
- Sour cream
- Arrange one layer of tortilla chips on a plate and sprinkle a portion of the cheese and onions over them.
- Scramble eggs as you normally would and once they are cooked put half the eggs over the first layer of cheese and tortilla chips. The hot eggs will melt the cheese. Spoon some salsa and some sour cream on top of eggs and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Repeat layer with remaining chips, cheese, onions, eggs, salsa and sour cream. If you want more cheese sprinkle more on top.
- You could also cook bits of bacon or sausage with the scrambled eggs to add meat to the recipe. Enjoy!
The morning after one of my late night parties I woke up ravenous with a craving for scrambled eggs. As I wandered into the kitchen I noticed leftover party foods which I began crave as well. I thought, "Why not merge my two cravings and make something really different?" As I sat down to eat, my boyfriend glanced at my plate and asked warily what it was. I said "Breakfast nachos" and he made a face. I shrugged and said, "More for me" and I was glad because it was so good! Curiousity finally gave in and he tried some. He immediately asked me to make him his own plate of Awesomely Delicious (and Easy) Breakfast Nachos.