BACON STUFFED ZUCCHINI
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 T. shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Drain; reserve 1 T. drippings. Crumble bacon.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Chop zucchini pulp. Combine bacon, the choppped zucchini, onion, tomato, bread and salt and pepper with 1 T. bacon drippings in a bowl.
- Place zucchini shells in a 10x6-inch glass oven-proof baking dish. Stuff shells with bacon mixture. Top with cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.
- MICROWAVE; Place bacon on bacon rack. Microcook at high power (100%) for 4 minutes. Proceed as above, covering with plastic wrap. Microcook at high power for 7 minutes or until tender.