BBQ Bear Buns
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 12 mins
- 24 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sloppy Joe Beans:
- 2 pounds hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 16 ounce can baked beans, drained
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Each bear uses 4 rolls. Combine 2 1/2 rolls to form the head. Press them into a rounded triangle shape and place on sprayed baking sheet. Cut the leftover half roll in half to make the ears. Form them into round shapes and slightly flatten one side. Place the flat side slightly under the head. Press a hollow into each ear. For the muzzle, cut the last roll in half. Flatten one half into an oval and place on lower face. Divide the last half into two eyes and a nose and form them into teardrop shapes. Make indentations with finger and place the pointed ends of the teardrops into the indentations. Repeat to make six bear buns. Brush bear with beaten egg and let rise for 30 minutes. Just before baking repress ear depressions. Bake at 350°F 20-30 minutes. Let cool, slice and fill with Sloppy Joe Beans.
Your family won't be able to bear eating these fun creations but they are so delicious that they also won't be able to resist. Video Instructions At: RhodesBread