BUTTER DIPPED BISCUITS
- Servings: 15 pcs
- 2 cups self-rising flour*
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- All-purpose flour
- In a bowl, combine the self-rising flour, sugar and milk; mix well. Turn onto a floured surface; sprinkle with all-purpose flour. Pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- With a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut into 3 inch by 2 inch pieces. Pour butter into an ungreased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Dip one side of each piece into melted butter. Carefully turn to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Editor's Note*: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 t. baking powder and 1/2 t. salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.