Bacon Wrapped & Stuffed Pork Loin
- 4-5 pounds Boneless Pork Loin
- 2-3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- rosemary or thyme, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 12 ounce pack bacon
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top Stuffing, any kind but I use chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Butterfly cut the pork loin thru the center, about ¾ the way thru.
- Sprinkle entire loin with chopped garlic, rosemary or thyme, salt and pepper.
- Make Stove Top stuffing according to box directions and spread evenly thru the center of the loin.
- Roll it tightly then wrap tightly with the bacon slices.
- Place loin fat side up onto rack inside a roasting pan. Pour the chicken broth over loin.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour. Then using turkey baster, baste the pork with it’s juices.
- Bake for another hour or until pork temp reaches 145° and bacon is nice and crispy to your liking.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Make some gravy if desired with the juices from the bottom of the pan. Make a milk and flour slurry and boil on the stove with the juices.
I have several different recipes for pork loin that I want to make and this recipe was one of them! This recipe comes from my mother-in-law! You can make your favorite homemade recipe for the stuffing or use Stove Top which is a time saver for me and I love the chicken flavored Stove Top! You can also make a great gravy for this by using the juices from the bottom of the roasting pan! Just boil it on the stove with a flour and milk slurry. Yum! We loved the crunchy bacon wrapped around the loin! Very tasty! Everyone's tummy was filled with love and a few pieces leftover for later!