Baked Chicken Empanadas
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Flatten each roll into a 6 to 7-inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest while making filling.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Remove plastic wrap from rolls.
- Place about 1/4 cup filling onto each circle being careful not to let it touch the edges.
- Wet the edges of each circle with water.
- Fold dough in half over filling and press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned.