Baked Scallops with Bread Crumbs
- 1 lb. Scallops
- 1/3 cup Bread Crumbs(or crushed Corn Flakes)
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp low fat Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp ground Thyme
- Preheat oven to 500F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine scallops and buttermilk, turning to coat in a mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate. This will make the scallops tender.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs (or corn flake crumbs), salt and thyme.
- Dredge each scallop in crumb mixture, coating both sides.
- Arrange scallops on baking sheet.
- Bake carefully turning scallops over until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.