Banana Strawberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Bits - lower calorie & gluten-free
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 pkgs Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Banana Pudding & Pie Filling (4 serving size)
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup fat-free half and half
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 g Scharffen Berger 82% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bars (each bar is 5g)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped and slightly frozen
- Chill your ice cream bucket overnight. Chill you mixing dish an hour before beginning to mix, if the weather is hot.
- Chop your chocolate to the size of mini chips. Whisk together pudding mix and milk(s) . Place the container (with the paddle in place) in the freezer for about an hour.
- Remove the bucket, placer on base, cover and start the machine. Gradually add the chocolate and strawberries as the machine churns. When all is mixed, return the base(with the paddle in place) to the freezer for a couple of hours. Remove and turn on for about 5 minutes. If it is frozen as much as you want; enjoy, otherwise, return to freezer.
- This frozen dessert will not get as hard as 'real' ice cream. I do not believe the pudding will set with soy milk.
- Nutrition Facts
- Nutrition (per serving): 115 calories, 4.2g total fat, <1g monounsaturated fat, <1g polyunsaturated fat, 2.3g saturated fat, 5.3mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 198.4mg potassium, 17.2g carbohydrates, 1.3g fiber, 15.9g net carbohydrates, <1g starch, 5.7g sugar, 3.3g protein, <1mg iron, 6.7mcg folate, 7.8mg vitamin c, 17.5IU vitamin d, <1mg vitamin b6, <1mcg vitamin b12, <1mg niacin, 0mcg lycopene, <1g aspartic acid, <1g glutamic acid.