- Servings: 4
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coriander, cumin, red-pepper flakes, turmeric, salt, and water.
- Add the paste to the onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the meat to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat to moderately high and cook to your taste, stirring, about 2 minutes longer for medium rare.
- Stir in the cilantro.