Beef Ribeye Roast
- 4 lbs. well-trimmed beef ribeye roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 jar (12 oz.) brown beef gravy
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 1-1/2 tsp. dry mustard, dissolved in 1 tsp. water
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Press evenly onto all sides of roast.
- Place rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer so bulb is centered in thickest part, not resting in fat.
- Do not add water or cover.
- Roast approximately 18-22 minutes per pound for medium-rare to medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135ºF for medium-rare or 150ºF for medium.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise to 145ºF for medium-rare and 160ºF for medium.)
- Meanwhile in small saucepan, combine jar of gravy, jelly and dry mustard.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Carve roast into slices and serve with sauce