Beef Stew with White Wine
- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 pound stew beef, cubed
- ½ cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 28 oz can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat with canola oil.
- Shake beef in a zip top bag with flour, salt and pepper then transfer to the pot and brown 3-4 minutes, turn and brown 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, mushrooms and celery to the pot and cook with occasional stirring until vegetables are soft, about fifteen minutes.
- Stir in garlic and herbs de Provence, cook 60 seconds then stir in wine, tomatoes and beef broth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Add potatoes and cover, cook a further 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.