- 1 lb fillet or rump steak, trimmed
- 1 TB olive oil
- 4 oz Button mushrooms, Sliced
- 4 TB unsalted Butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 TB AP – Flour
- 1 tsp Tomato paste - optional
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard - optional
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and Fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped Parsley for garnish
- Tenderize meat using Adolph’s meat tenderizer and a meat mallet.
- Cut into thin strips about 2 inches long
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat and sauté beef until browned, about 2 minutes
- Remove beef and add 2 TB of butter to the pan drippings.
- Saute sliced mushrooms until the give up their liquid and are uniformly browned, then remove them as well, leaving behind the liquid/pan drippings
- Add the remaining 2 TB butter to the skillet and sauté the onions for about 10 minutes, until soft
- Sprinkle flour over onions and stir to coat; then cook for a couple of minutes to remove the raw flour flavor.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomato paste, dijon, lemon juice, heavy cream and sour cream.
- Return beef to the pan and cook over medium heat until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve with the traditional shoestring French fries on the side or over boiled egg noodles