Beef Taco Skillet
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup (or store brand is fine)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring often; pour off fat.
- Stir in soup, salsa, water, and tortillas and heat to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until beef mixture is hot and bubbling; stir mixture and top with cheese.
This is an excellent and delicious Mexican-style recipe that I got from Campbell's Kitchens. Even though the recipe didn't call for it, I also added a can of kidney beans. Variations: Creamy Mexican Fiesta: Stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream with the soup; or: Ranchero Style: use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas and shredded Mexican cheese blend instead of Cheddar.