Beef Veggie Burger
- Cooking Time: 4 to 6
- 1 lb. Chopped Meat
- salt, pepper, garlic to taste
- 3 or 4 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 whole egg or two egg whites
- 1/2 a can of straw mushrooms chopped or whatever mushrooms you prefer
- 1 small bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 TB, flavored bread crumbs like 4C
- 2 TBS. Water
- Take first three ingredients and mix together, make a well in the center and add the raw egg, scramble egg and then mix together with meat.
- I find it's easier to add the rest of the ingredient’s one at a time and mix well in-between with a fork.
- When I’m done, I turn it over on a plate and with a fork I score the meat so my burgers are about the same size.
- To cook: You can broil, grill or fry, as desired. If frying, I use a non stick pan and Olive Oil Pam.
- Serve on whole grain pita bread.
I just wanted a healthier beef burger, so now I can have my burger and eat it too. This recipe is a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables. For fun you can shape the burgers like hot dogs and serve on a bun. If you like to go for the burn, replace the Worcestershire sauce with a few dashes of hot sauce and a chopped hot pepper. Helpful tips: When working with chopped meat the less you handle it the better, so use a fork to work the ingredients and only use your hands to shape. Your burgers will be juicer. If you can’t get the smell of onions or garlic off your hands, wash your hands with soap and water as usual but rub a stainless steel spoon between your hands as you wash. This my sound strange but it works.